Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A lot of medicos

A lot of medicos keep away from transcription, because they consider it boring, even demeaning. I beg to differ. It keeps me updated, through the interesting medium of case studies. Every patient’s record tells a new story. My horizons of study have broadened. How else would a homoeopath get to know so much about scans and transplants? The field is going from strength to strength every day, if you consider the fact that there are over 70 medical transcription companies in the city. The fear that someday USA might decide to stop sending us these records and thereby make us redundant doesn’t bother me much. I have other professional qualifications, remember? But for the moment, the money is good, the prospects are great, and it’s a whole new world.

No comments: